Friday, July 1, 2016

Activa Diaries - My first monsoon ride of 2016, to Pavna Dam.

A lovely colourful temple, dividing the road, situated at the highest point of the ghat road while going towards Pavna Dam from Kamshet.


Hi guys,
like everyone else I too have been waiting for rains with lot of expectation, after the long harsh summer monsoons is the time to really enjoy the outdoors. 

Weather services have been predicting early rains this year, but in our area there has not been much rain, but the cloudy weather surely gave lot of relief from summer heat.. So last Sunday I went for a ride to the Pavna Dam, where I was sure to find some fine weather and some rains too ...if I was lucky.

It was a dry afternoon when I started from home on my trusted Activa, but as i took the lovely road from Kamshet to Pavna Dam weather changed dramatically and I received my first shower of the day.

 The surrounding hills were already covered in mist and clouds, and air was cool, I knew that this was just a start and things would only get better as we move towards Pavna Dam... and boy was I right!

  I spent a lovely rainy afternoon besides the magnificent Pavna Dam. All the surrounding hills were mostly covered in clouds and mist, while the high forts of Tung, Lohagad, Visapur and Tikona could hardly be seen due to the cloud cover. 

Due to the rains I managed to click very few pics, with my mobile, I have shared few...which came out ok in the low light, hope you like them...at least they will give you some idea of the awesome weather that day :D 
                                                                                                                                                        ...Alok

The conical hill on which Tung fort is situated, fort top was hidden in the clouds.

The lovely cloudy weather, barely full Pavna Dam, with  twin forts of  Lohagad   (on left ) Visapur (on right)  in background.

 Tikona fort top was also hidden in clouds, and the twisty wet road going up the  steep mountain, towards Paud looked awesome as ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails