Friday, June 17, 2016

Spotted my first Maruti Vitara Brezza on the road !


Hi guys,
I have been writing about Vitara Brezza since its launch and wanted to see it in flesh, but till yesterday I had been unlucky in seeing one on the road.


 Yesterday evening I was on my daily walk, enjoying the cool breez,when suddenly a red car passed me by , it looked like Brezza , but I was not sure since the road was dark at that spot, and the driver drove past me at good speed.


The only impression I could make of the car in those few minutes was that it didn’t look big, in fact it just looked like any other hatchback on the road, this confused me more, was it really the much hyped compact SUV from Maruti which was such a runaway hit that 
 it had dethroned the much capable segment leader Ford EcoSport?


Well the confusion was soon to end , as just half a km ahead I saw the same car parked by the side of the road. It was again in a dark spot but now since it was still, I could see it much better. The best part was that a Ford EcoSport too was parked behind it, so I could compare the looks of them both.


The car was brand new, still had the plastic cover on the seats.Color was nice dark red…looked much dark… like wine red due to the low light. The roof was black and the combination of red roof and black roof looked really good.


I came slowly from the rear towards the front and took my time to let the design sink in, from the point of view of a prospective buyer.


The rear didn’t look distinctive , very hatch like. The boot didn’t look very big, I don’t know if it would hold enough luggage for a long holiday for a family of four.


As I came towards the side, the thing that impressed me was the high ground clearance, and large wheels, but the car didn’t look very high, the stance was not very SUV like. To tell the truth I was not very impressed and kept looking at the EcoSport standing behind Brezza just to see if it really was a better looker than the old leader.


I waited there for few minutes looking at the side profile , and thinking if it was really worth so much money when it looked just like any other hatch?


Btw …I had seen quite a few Hyundai Creta, another rival of Brezza, and it looked very good….much bigger  and SUV like. At that moment while looking at Brezza I mentally compared the image of two cars and I would have immediately paid much higher price and bought Creta.


But there has to be some design element which immediately catches eyes of the prospective buyers when they walk into the showroom, which makes them buy that particular car over others. As I moved towards the front of Brezza, I saw what had clicked for Brezza in such a big way that it had months long waiting list, it was the awsm front…the grill, the head lights, the fogs, the bonnet…all had that macho look of a big SUV…which makes you fall in love with Brezza instantly.

 It was at this moment, when I looked at EcoSport, I knew the reason why it had lost its number one position…it just looked too old when standing next to Vitara Brezza.

 And to tell the truth Brezza’s front end looked better than Creta’s, which was stylish but did not have that burly look which  is so much more more SUV like. So even with  bigger dimensions than Brezza, Creta may loose out to that muscular front end of Brezza.



 Brezza looked like a car which would be comfortable in the city, also good for occasional highway runs, but with its compact dimensions it surely didn't look like a mile muncher to me.                                                                                                                   ...Alok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails